Don’t underestimate the beauty and adventure that can be found in the Spring months of Maryland’s mountainous western region. Here are the top Spring suggestions from staff, here at Blue Moon Rising.
- At Blue Moon Rising, our guests can access private trails straight from their back porches. We allow Mountain biking, as well as hiking. Spring may be a little muddy, as always, appropriate footwear is a must! There are many other hiking and biking adventures within a short drive from us. Consider Deep Creek State Park, Swallow Falls State Park, Herrington Manor State Park, Hoyes Crest, Snaggy Mountain and Cranesville Swamp.
- Another great perk of being our guest, the communal fire-pit! This is a favorite feature no matter what the season. Our staff come up, around dusk, and get a small bon-fire started. We provide additional fire wood and fire extinguishers. All guests are welcome to attend.
- An experience you can’t miss while you’re in town is with All Earth Eco Tours. Guided hikes, yoga, kayaking and so much more! Make your reservation in advance!
- The Wisp has been a cornerstone of Deep Creek adventure for many years. We highly suggest checking out their Mountain Coaster Canopy Tours for a wild adventure!
- After all your outdoor adventures you may be ready for some great local food and entertainment. Check out MoonShadow, restaurant and bar. Their food is prepared with fresh, organic and locally grown produce and grass-fed beef. The music line-up for Spring will be unbeatable!
No matter where you are staying in Deep Creek this Spring, don’t forget to give us a call and schedule a tour of our beautiful property, cabins and communal buildings! Walk in’s Sunday between 1:00 – 3:00 only, please. Call 240.442.5287 for more information.