RENTAL POLICIES & INFORMATION
Here are a few documents containing information on staying at Blue Moon Rising. Any questions, contact us!
Office and Reservation Hours:
The facility will be staffed from 8am through 8pm on weekdays and 8am through 11pm on Friday and Saturday. We are always busily working to prepare our facility for your arrival if we are unable to answer the phone please leave a message and we will return your call promptly.
Reservations can be made by phone during office hours or online 24 hours a day. You will be charged a $100.00 deposit at the time your reservation is made. Cash paying customers must call to reserve. Thank you!
Blue Moon Rising offers 14 cabins that each display a unique arrangement for sleeping, eating, and relaxing. Each cabin has detailed information provided on our website and online reservation system, there are many pictures and descriptions of how each differs in floor plan, some sleep 4 and others only 2. Please take time to carefully review the cabin or cabins you are planning to stay in.
- Some cabins have a queen size on the main level and a queen in the bunk bed, others have 2 single bunks and a queen bunk. Again, please review the cabins online before booking to be sure that the arrangements fit your needs. If you have any questions or concerns please call and one of our knowledgeable staff will assist you in getting the experience you’re looking for.
- Any loft sleeping area is accessed by a ships ladder, if you are concerned you will not be able to use the ladder please call and one of our staff will direct you to a cabin that has a main level bed.
- Each cabin is fully stocked with linens, blankets, and bath towels.
- Each cabin is equipped with a state of the art induction cooktop and the necessary cookware to fit your needs.
- Also included are a toaster oven and French press for making coffee and warming up small meals.
- The facility has a community center with a full residential kitchen that is available upon request for the enjoyment of the residents of Blue Moon Rising. (Subject to scheduling, the kitchen is available on a 1st ask 1st use basis.)
- Larger groups will have the option of working with a catering company and be able to use the pavilion for bigger meals and events.
Each cabin has a stand-up shower in the bathroom, there are no tubs.
- Each of our cabins has a set occupancy limit, which does not include children 2 and under.
- The cabins with one bed (Kaya, Moonshadow, Orion) have an occupancy limit of 2 persons.
- The cabins with loft beds have a set occupancy of 5 persons.
- This limit is set by the state fire marshal.
- Please note that we reserve the right to evict anyone who is found to have more than the designated occupancy limit staying in their cabin. Guests found to be in violation of the stated cabin occupancy limit will be charged $100.00 for each guest over the limit and will be required to rent another cabin or leave the facility, no refunds will be issued.
- If you are planning to bring a large group, please call and ask about the concierge services we offer to make your vacation or retreat a most memorable experience.
- We do not allow fraternity, sorority or unauthorized parties, please do not misrepresent your groups intentions when making a reservation, this could result in immediate eviction from the facility and forfeit of all funds.
- Family groups, wedding parties, and events are welcome. Additional preparations need to be made for these events and additional deposits, cleaning fees or other such charges could be necessary to accommodate your group, please call with questions pertaining to this matter.
Check-In/out Policies & Procedures
- Check-in is from 4pm-close. (We close at 8 pm on Sunday-Thursday — 11 pm on Friday & Saturday)
- Our staff leaves at closing time, if you are running late please call 240-442-5287 as soon as you know your behind schedule.
- If you arrive after posted office hours, there will be a number listed on the door of our office to call and the operations manager will come and check you in.
- There will be a $50 late check-in fee if you arrive after posted office hours.
- Upon check-in you will be asked to fill out any and all necessary paperwork and settle the balance for your stay in full.
- You will be issued a Keycode for the lock on your cabin/s.
- One of our helpful staff will load your luggage in an electric cart and guide you to your cabin and go over the details of staying with us.
All checkouts are promptly at 11am, no exceptions. Anyone who has not checked out by 11am will be charged a full day rental on the cabin. It is very important that you check out on time so we have ample time to prepare for the next guest.
Here at Blue Moon Rising we operate under the premise that we will always leave something in better condition that we found it, please work to follow this creed while you are staying with us, all the way to the end. Please have the following things completed when you check out:
- Have the refrigerator empty, wiped out and set to its medium setting
- Remove all bedding from the beds you used and place with towels on the floor.
- Have all interior and exterior lights turned off
- Please leave compost and trash on the front porch for pick-up by our staff.
- Do all the dishes and place them on the drying rack or on the shelves.
- Replace any furniture you moved to its original location.
- Please be sure to leave the cooktop turned off and unplugged.
- Please gather all personal items, clothing, phone chargers etc. Blue Moon Rising is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Please make sure all windows and doors are shut securely.
- If you are leaving before our office is open, please call and let us know that you checked out.
- We truly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again! Don’t forget to schedule your return trip to visit with us!
- We have a saying … “We’re dog friendly, if your dog’s friendly”.
- Please do not bring dogs that bark incessantly or are sick.
- Please do not bring dogs that are aggressive in any way shape or form, whether towards other dogs, humans, groundhogs or the like.
- Please do not bring dogs that have a history of chewing on furniture, doors, linens, etc. Our cabins are all custom built out of reclaimed lumber and any damages could be very expensive to fix as we cannot go to the local lumber store and buy a new piece of door trim. Any damages incurred to our facility during your stay will be your financial responsibility.
- We will provide compostable doggie waste bags and we have a designated area on the property for disposal of these bags, please always pick up after your hound even if they have used the woods. We have many children playing and learning all over the grounds.
- All dogs will need to be leashed when on the property.
- There is a local kennel that is available for boarding if we deem that your dog’s presence is disrupting the community in any way. We will ask that you take them to the kennel, we reserve the right to make that decision at any time during your stay.
- We want you to be able to bring your best friend on a relaxing weekend at the lake, please respect our property and those who are vacationing around you when making the decision to bring your pooch or not.
- We all are dog owners and we are trying to create a place that all are welcome, k-9s included, we do charge an additional $20 cleaning fee for Fido.
- If there is any question in your mind please contact us and we will work with you to better understand your situation and if you are still unsure we will work to set up boarding at a local kennel so that Fido can still come and you can take them with you on off-site adventures.
What we provide
- We provide cooking facilities in each cabin and a large community kitchen if needed.
- One set of bedding for each bed-sheets, blankets pillows.
- One set of 4 bath towels and a few dish towels.
- Cups, plates, bowls, silverware, and cookware. Please do not bring non-recyclable or non-compostable disposable dishware with you.
- Free wireless internet in all cabins.
- Locally made, all natural bath soap.
- A beautiful setting in which to relax.
What you should bring
- A good book
- A relaxed attitude
- A favorite pillow
- An open mind
- Food and beverages
- Media devices to watch movies or play games – computer/iPad/kindle etc. We do not have televisions in our cabins, this is on purpose, vacation should be about relaxation and separation from day to day minutia, we want you to be able to fully disconnect and relax.
What you shouldn’t bring
Extra stuff that you know you won’t need. At the core of our community is an awareness that satisfaction does not come from things, but from experiences and relationships. We do our best to operate with this idea in mind.
We’d like you to try it while you stay with us.:
- Assignment # 1 – When you’ve finished packing, unpack half your stuff and you will still have brought more than you need to have an enjoyable relaxing experience.
Access to Community Buildings
- We have multiple community buildings, please ask our staff about the schedule for each one. Depending on the week or weekend there may be other groups or classes scheduled to use them. You will be able to schedule usage for them at the time of your reservation if you wish or anytime during your stay provided the building you want is available.
- We want to inspire a sense of community while you are staying with us, we encourage you to meet your neighbors, eat with them, and learn about them and their lives and loves. If you are both staying with us you probably have plenty in common!
Taxes and Fees
- Each cabin rental is subject to a 6% state tax, a 6% county tax, and an administration fee that will be applied to your rate.
- There is a $20 dog cleaning fee.
- Any check that is returned for “stopped payment” or “Insufficient Funds” will not be returned and full payment is required within 48 hours via a credit card. All returned checks are subject to a $35 returned check fee.
- All reservations are subject to the cancellation policy.
- If you wish to cancel you need to notify us at least 48 hours in advance.
- No deposits will be refunded on no-show reservations or cancellations within 48 hours of posted check-in times (4 pm)
- If you wish to reschedule your visit please let us know via phone or email.
- We inspect each cabin before and after your visit.
- If you see something that is damaged when you arrive please point it out and our staff will make note that it was damaged upon your arrival and is not your responsibility.
- We reserve the right to charge your credit card on file for damages to your cabin during your visit.
- Smoking inside the cabins will result in a $250.00 charge to the card on file. Please smoke outdoors.
No refunds, we cannot be held responsible for acts of nature