When chocolate and roses just aren’t enough to say I love you, step outside the heart shaped box and give the gift of a romantic experience. Spend a romantic weekend at a place you both love, Deep Creek Lake. Nothing says “I Love You” like memories made in the snow covered mountains of western Maryland during the most romantic month of the year.
Here are a few ideas to create an enchanting soiree to share with someone you love:
- Stay inside! Spend the weekend at the Blue Moon Rising Resort, a quaint eco-friendly resort, specializing in cozy couple’s cabins in a delightful woodland setting; all appealing to the hopeless romantic. Curl up together and watch it snow, sleep late and stay in bed all day, if you want! No stress, no interruptions, no kidding!
- Go outside! Venture out on snowshoes or cross-country skis for an up-close and personal look at mother nature blanketed in snow. Hike the ancient hemlock forest at the Swallow Falls State Park and witness winter’s presentation of jagged ice, rushing water, gigantic rocks, and amazing wildlife. The 1.5 mile trail loops passes three water falls, one being Muddy Creek Falls, an impressive 53 foot water fall, usually partially frozen this time of year. Named for its violent currents, Swallow Falls is a small but powerful waterfall in the middle of the park which was named after these raging rapids. If you want to find the parks best kept secret, follow the trail to Tolliver Falls, the smallest of the parks waterfalls, but probably the most private and romantic spot in the park. Could be a great place to pop the question!
- Try new things! It’s what keeps relationships exciting; a couples massage is a great exercise for all serious couples. Situated side by side, enjoy the relaxation of a massage and the intimacy of the practice. Couples massages are offered at the Sewickley Spa, located at Wisp Resort, with special discounts this month. It’s ok to giggle.
- Catch a chic flick. Put aside the action thriller and go for a romantic comedy at the Garrett 8 Cinemas. Avoid the evening weekend crowds and catch a matinee for a delightful afternoon treat. Sneak a kiss when you can; stash a few chocolate kisses in your pocket and share with your date during the movie.
- Skip the franchise hangouts. Go local! Make your dinner plans at the Moon Shadow Cafe, a warm and welcoming eatery offering local flavor and talent. Enjoy a meal that brings fresh ingredients and intelligent recipes to life right on the dinner plate. While your taste buds are busy, your ears will rejoice in the sights and sounds of local musicians, doing what they love! Love is in the air!
Whether you spend a romantic weekend indoors or out, it’s about spending time with someone you love. Make the weekend special, not with gifts, but with an experience you’ll both remember and adore for years to come. Call Blue Moon Rising at 240-442-5287 to plan your couples experience today or book online.